Disclaimer: we may receive commissions from purchases made via our links at no cost to you.
- Heavy cast aluminum base features a deluxe nonstick surface,...
- Built-in spout for pouring liquids from skillet doubles as a...
- Fold down handles to detach skillet pan from base. with...
- Dimensions: 19. 81" x 12. 25" x 8. 06"; Pan dimensions: 15....
The best electric skillet and pans are one of the most versatile pieces of kitchen equipment you can own.
They are time-efficient, economical to run, very easy to clean, and can be taken along on trips and vacations.
Have a read through our best electric skillets reviews to see if we can help you make a more informed buying decision.
When you can use 1 product to cook every meal of the day, you need to know that you’re choosing the most durable and best electric skillet available.
Top 5 Best Electric Skillet : Top Picks For 2021
Top 10 Best Electric Skillet Reviews
1. Zojirushi Gourmet d’Expert Electric Skillet – Our Choice
This electric skillet is capable of much more cooking styles than other styles as it is 3 pans in 1.
Inside the plastic body is a large heating plate, this allows the heat to spread evenly. As there are no cold spots, all of your ingredients will cook evenly.
Next is a deep dish inner pan that is ideal for soups, stews, and party-time fondue.
The skillet comes next, that’s where the higher temperature frying takes place. Both of these layers are coated in a strong and durable titanium-ceramic non-stick coating which allows easy food release when using minimal oil.
The third cooking style comes from the adjustable height steamer tray, the perfect tool to cook vegetables and fish dishes without losing any nutrients or flavor. Controlling the heat is simple, there is a clearly labeled slider control at the front of the machine.
There are several safety features, including stay cool handles, even the recessed ones at the base, and a shield on the knob to prevent accidental burns.
This is one of the best electrical skillet for at the table cooking.
- Skillet, deep dish and steamer tray included
- Strong titanium non-stick coating
- Compliant with all FDA guidelines
- Heats fast and evenly
- Portable and convenient
- Cleans easily
- Tempered glass lid to supervise the progress
- Ideal for at-the-table cooking
- Not dishwasher safe
- Do not stack or use metal utensils
- Skillet has a slight dome in the center
2. Presto Electric Foldaway Skillet – BEST ECONOMICALLY-FRIENDLY
If you’re cooking for a family then this could be the best electric skillet for you.
It has a large cooking surface with high sides, so making large batches is a breeze. Both the in and outside of the cast aluminum skillet have a solid non-stick coating. This makes spillages easy to clean. Even better, it can go into the dishwasher, along with the lid.
We love the corner pouring spout, it creates less mess. Whilst you’re cooking, it doubles up as a spoon holder, and the tempered glass lid still fits on the skillet securely.
Heat spreads well across the cooking surface and is easily controlled with the temperature dial. Once the heat is selected, the skillet maintains it well.
If you choose the warming function, the skillet is an ideal buffet server for a party or barbecue.
Limited storage space? Fold the handles in and the base will store inside the skillet for compact storage.
- Generous family size, deep walls
- Non-stick interior and exterior
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to operate
- Collapses for compact storage
- Cool-touch handles
- Heats up to 400-degrees F.
- Pouring spout
- Tends to get hotter above the heating element
- A digital temperature gauge would be better
3. Aroma Housewares Gourmet Electric Skillet – Best Value
If you prefer to cook on a stainless steel surface with no non-stick coating, you will find your choice of the best electric skillet is limited.
This Aroma skillet is one of the best we could find. It is easy to operate and costs less than many of the non-stick skillets.
The shiny 18/10 stainless steel looks impressive, and as it has been impact-bonded, it gives you no doubt that it is strong and durable. You only need a little oil to keep food moving easily, and if you don’t overheat it, the results will be amazing.
You can braise, fry, slow cook and even bake in this skillet, and as you do, the tempered glass lid will allow you to keep an eye on the cooking progress.
Controlling the temperature is easy using the dial, you can safely cook at temperatures from 225-425-degrees F.
This is a good looking skillet that would be right at home in the center of a dinner party table.
- Fast and even heating
- No chemicals emitted from the cooking surface
- Food grade stainless steel is incredibly durable
- Accurate temperature gauge
- Tempered glass lid
- Cleans easily
- It is only 2” deep
- Remember to wear potholders as the handles may get warm
4. Electric Skillet By Culina – Also Good
This Culina skillet is ideal for those who hate washing dishes, which has to be most of us!
Everything, including the glass lid, is dishwasher safe. Just remove the temperature control which is conveniently attached to the power cable, and pop it in the machine for a cycle.
The skillet looks as if it is made from stainless steel, which most of it is. The base, however, features an encapsulated aluminum disc. This ensures fast and even heat distribution enabling you to cook at lower temperatures.
It is incredibly easy to use, set the temperature, wait for the indicator light to illuminate and you’re good to go. The skillet will maintain that temperature until you decide to change it.
It has a very effective non-stick coating, made by Whitford. It is safe and is free from PTFE and PFOA. Not only does this release food easily, but it also makes cleanup a breeze.
This looks great and is one of the best electric skillets for the price.
- Good value for money
- Encapsulated aluminum base for superb even results
- Easy to operate
- Mains temperatures from 225F-425F
- The non-toxic non-stick cooking surface
- Heatproof rubberized feet for stability
- Dishwasher safe
- Could be deeper
- Not metal utensil compatible
5. De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet – STURDIEST FOR LOW PRICE
De’Longhi is a trusted brand name when it comes to small kitchen appliances and it’s easy to see why when you take a look at this family-sized electric skillet. It is plenty big enough for a filling casserole and then can be whipped out the next morning for bacon and eggs.
Its design allows the heat to disperse quickly across the large cooking space, ensuring all of your food cooks evenly. It is very economical as you will use less energy.
There is a variable temperature gauge, and if you’re cooking at the table there is also a setting to keep food warm without cooking it further.
The lid has adjustable vents, ideal for you to decide when and how much steam to release.
The handles utilize cool touch technology and have a comfortable grip to make carrying it safely, even when it is full of hot food.
The non-stick coating enables easy cleaning, but if you are feeling lazy pop the skillet and its lid into the dishwasher.
The base with its embedded heating element and the power cord is easy to wipe over.
- The powerful element ensures fast, even cooking
- Large cooking surface with deep walls
- Tempered glass lid with adjustable vents
- Easy to clean by hand or in the dishwasher
- Safe, PFOA-free non-stick coating
- Easy to operate, variable temperature setting
- Long power cable
- It is one of the heavier reviewed electric skillets
- Makes a humming noise during operation
Top 5 Best Electric Skillet to buy
6. Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet – BEST FOR STUDENTS AND SMALL KITCHENS
This first noticeable thing about this electric skillet is the size, it is jumbo, and perfect for large families, parties, and get-together.
It looks great and can be used as a buffet serving dish. Your guests will be able to see what is inside as the lid is tempered glass, ideal for keeping the heat in. Just set the dial to ‘keep warm’ and your electric skillet can take pride of place on a buffet table.
Cleaning this skillet is simple as everything except for the base is dishwasher safe. If you have managed to get it mucky on the outside, don’t worry, the non-stick coating is not just on the inside. A damp sponge will wipe it off in a jiffy.
Sometimes large electric skillets have flat lids that prevent it from sealing when a large cut of meat is inside. Cleverly this model had a domed lid so a large chicken and all of the accompanying vegetables can fit in with ease.
The deep-dish design is versatile and ideal for casseroles, soups, and stews. This is possibly the best electric skillet for large groups of people.
- Extra-large cooking area
- Safe, durable non-stick coating interior and exterior
- Remove the heating element and it becomes dishwasher safe
- Energy efficient
- Doubles as a buffet server
- Excellent value for money
- It weights 9-pounds
- The heat doesn’t always reach the outer edges of the pan
7. NESCO Extra Deep Electric Skillet, – BEST SKILLET FOR A BUDGET
If you’re looking for an electric pan large enough to do a pot roast in, this might well be it.
It is 12” square but the best part is the depth, it is 4-inches and large enough to cook a big chicken.
It is made from die-cast aluminum, it looks heavier than it is. It is solid and durable had has a premium non-stick coating. It is Whitford’s, which guarantees to be PFOA and PTFE-free.
It is a versatile pan that can be used for everything from flash frying through to low n slow cooking.
The temperature dial is numbered from 0-5, maybe that could be a little clearer, but it maintains a consistent temperature with no dips.
The handles are particularly large, they are perfect to keep your fingers protected from the warm cooking surface. They stay cool so you won’t need to put your oven mitts on.
This is a great electric skillet for large dishes with lots of sauce. Cleanup is a breeze, all it needs is warm soapy water and a cloth.
- Also available in 8” squared
- Safe, non-toxic non-stick coating
- Easy to control temperature holds heat well-being
- Deep enough for pot roasts and larger dishes
- Supplied with a cooking rack
- Versatile for many cooking styles
- Easy clean
- Glass lid fits tightly to retain moisture
- Not recommended for dishwasher use
- Do not immerse in water
- Not metal utensil safe
8. Oster Electric Skillet – BEST STAINLESS STEEL AND TEFLON SKILLET
With its matt black and chrome trim design, this electric skillet would enhance any kitchen setting or dining table. It is large enough to make plenty of food for families, and you will only have one pot to clean.
The side handles feel incredibly sturdy and stay cool to the touch. This ensures that carrying a hot and heavy full skillet from one room to another, is not only easy but safe too.
The high-quality cast-aluminum construction ensures all of the heat distributes quickly across the entire cooking surface. Every ingredient that you place in the pan cooks evenly as there are no hot or cold spots on the base.
Talking of the cooking surface, that is a durable non-stick coating that is safe, and, providing you don’t use metal utensils, won’t chip or scratch.
Once the heating probe is removed, the whole unit is dishwasher safe although we feel that soapy warm water works effectively and easily. This ensures a longer life expectancy for your electric skillet.
The temperature is controlled with a dial and can be set as low as 150F. There is a warming function that is ideal for keeping foods at the optimum heat once they are cooked.
The tempered glass lid has a steam vent to let steam escape safely. This is an easy to use and a time-efficient electric skillet.
- Large cooking area, family-size
- Accurate temperature dial
- A tight-fitting lid to seal in heat and flavor
- Dishwasher safe
- Cool-touch handles with a comfortable grip
- Not metal utensil safe
- The steam vent cannot be closed
9. Cuisinart Non-stick Oval Electric Skillet – BEST FOR STYLE-SAAVY COOKS
So far, our electric skillet reviews have featured rectangular and circular skillets, this is the first oval one. It is from Cuisinart and as you might expect, is slightly more expensive than other products.
It is very attractive and looks as if it solely made from high-quality stainless steel, which it mostly is. However, it does have a baked-on non-stick coating that is not only incredibly durable, but it also performs beautifully. The smallest drop of oil or butter is enough to ensure that nothing sticks.
This also allows for easy cleaning, you will find that you won’t need detergent, just a warm, damp cloth will soon have it looking like new.
Cuisinart suggests that it is dishwasher safe but we recommend hand-washing it. It is easy enough to do and rules out the chances of it being accidentally scratched.
The temperature dial is easy to operate and a tiny LED bulb when the desired heat has been reached. As it heats so efficiently, you will rarely need to use it on anything over medium heat.
The lid is tempered glass so that you can monitor the progress of your food. It has a really attractive stainless steel trim and knob.
We think this is the best stainless steel electric skillet.
- Impressive, sleek good looks
- Large cooking surface
- Simple to use
- Very responsive and accurate temperature control
- Comfortable grip side handles
- Dishwasher safe
- Supplied with a recipe book
- Slightly higher priced
- Metal utensils will damage the cooking surface
- Sometimes makes a quiet humming sound when getting to temperature
This is a beautiful all stainless steel electric frying pan that makes the most perfect buffet server.
It is the optimal way of keeping cooked food warm and at a safe temperature to allow your guests to help themselves.
It has generous proportions and is the ideal size for family cooking.
If you’re concerned about the safety of non-stick coatings then this is the type of skillet you should be looking for. The cooking surface is food grade steel. This is safe to cook on and requires a little oil to prevent food from sticking. Anything you make will prepare in a fraction of the time it would on the stovetop as the heat is so efficiently used.
The temperature is easily adjustable and works accurately.
It is easy to clean, rest it in a little water and wipe it over with a soapy cloth. Dry it well and the mirror-finish will return.
We love that you never have to worry about flecks of non-stick in your food and that just a little oil goes a long way to cooking perfect ‘slidey eggs’ in this electric fry pan.
- 5-year warranty
- Perfect buffet server
- No non-stick coating to worry about
- Heavy-duty with tough, cool handles
- Stay warm function
- Non-slip feet
- Can be used anywhere there is an outlet
- Extra-long power cable
- More expensive than aluminum models
- It is relatively shallow
- You can supervise cooking progress as the lid is steel
Electric Skillet Safety Tips
If you love fried food, an electric skillet should be an important inclusion for your household kitchen. It’s easy to use and you can fry large amounts of food without wasting fuel. However, before you plug in the connector and start making your chicken fries, you’ve got to equip yourself with a few safety tips. Otherwise, your cooking may go sour in case the frying pan malfunctions.
Consider the following safety tips when using an electric skillet.
- Don’t move your electric skillet around if it has warm or hot oil in it. You may get burnt.
- Never use an electric skillet with a damaged cord. It can lead to electrocution.
- Keep your hands off the hot surface. Well, this is obvious, but it happens sometimes.
- Disconnect the frying pan as soon as you finish using it.
- Make sure the handles and the legs are firmly fixed on the device.
- Don’t immerse the cord or the temperature level gauge into the water. It can spoil the appliance.
- Make sure you plug in the temperature level control to the electric skillet before connecting it to an outlet.
How to Clean and Maintain an Electric Skillet
Why You Love An Electric Skillet
- An electric skillet has straight sides and a wider cooking surface compared to the conventional frying pan. As such, it keeps heat much more effectively, leading to an even frying.
- With an electric skillet, you can prepare a variety of foods. Whether it’s preparing fried chicken, french toast, or bacon, it’s all possible with an electric skillet.
- If you’re trying to cut down on fuel costs, an electric skillet will help you save some money. An electric pan heats up much quicker than your traditional stove plate. Therefore, they tend to save power.
- If you’ve got lots of food to prepare, but your oven is already full to the brim, an electric skillet can take care of the extra meals to help you save on time.
- Electric skillets maintain favorable temperature levels, making them wonderful for deep frying chicken, potatoes, fish, donuts, and pastries. They give perfect results.
- You can make large quantities of food with an electric skillet. So, if you’re having a family gathering, it shouldn’t take you centuries to get the food ready.
- You can use an electric skillet in the place of a buffet warmer. It keeps prepared foods warm and at an appropriate temperature.
- Electric skillets allow you to control the frying temperature. Therefore, it’s great for recipes that reduced heat poaching such as fish or eggs.
Buying Guide – Features and Factors to Consider
There are many reasons for cooking on an electric skillet, one of the most obvious ones is convenience.
Why dirty several pans when an electric frying pan does the job of many, is more fuel efficient and saves time?
If you are living through renovations, only have an electricity supply, or simply have fond memories of watching your parents use an electric frying pan we have prepared a handy guide of what to look out for.
SIZE and WEIGHT
The electric fry pans featured in our reviews differ in size and can cater for couples through to large groups. If storage space is at a premium, you might also need to check out the footprint. Some of our products collapse and store inside the actual pan, what a great space-saving idea.
Pay attention to the empty weight of the skillet, when it is full with a hearty stew it will be much heavier and more awkward to carry.
Stainless steel and cast aluminum are both durable metals that will have a long service life. Stainless steel cooking surfaces are not naturally non-stick so you will need to use more oil.
Aluminum is an excellent heat conductor that allows the user to cook at a reduced temperature whilst still give perfect results.
Most electric fry pans are plug-and-play. Once the desired temperature is reached it functions as a regular pan.
It is important to remember that skillets are thermostatically controlled, once it has reached temperature it may drop a couple of degrees before kicking back in to restore the heat.
This will have no negative effect on your recipe as there is barely any noticeable change.
EASY TO CLEAN
Many of our featured electric skillets have several dishwasher safe components. For the models with non-stick coatings, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water. That way you are reducing the risk of scratching the cooking surface.
Your new skillet will need to look good if it is to be left out on display or uses as a buffet server. It will also need to feel substantial and high-quality. Look for added features such as steaming trays, steam vents, pouring spouts, and spoon holders.
Whether you’re having the kitchen remodeled, your stove has broken, or you’re going to the cabin in the woods, an electric skillet is ideal. Anywhere that has an electric supply is a great place to rustle up a meal.
Top 10 Best Electric Skillet Video Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How does an electric skillet work?
An electric skillet functions more or less like an electric heater or a dryer. When it’s connected to the outlet, a high-voltage current flows through the resistor. The resistor hinders the flow of electricity and converts the energy to heat. The heat then flows to the surface of the pan, where there’s food ready for frying. All this is controlled by a thermostat.
Can you cook rice in an electric skillet?
Yes, you can use a skillet to use rice. It cooks rice better than a saucepan. The shallow depth of the frying pan allows the rice to cook evenly. The skillet also allows you to put add extra ingredients to the rice.
Does an electric skillet use less electricity than a stove?
An electric skillet uses less power than a stove. Usually, it heats up much faster than a conventional stove, which ensures less energy is used. Additionally, the fact that you can cook multiple foods at the same time using the appliance saves energy.
Can you cook pasta in an electric skillet?
Yes, it’s very much possible to cook pasta in an electric skillet. With an electric frying pan, you can prepare a variety of foods including pasta. All you need to do is to use the temperature level control to adjust the heat depending on the recipe. Cooking pasta with an electric frying pan allows it to absorb lots of flavor from other ingredients.
Can you use an electric skillet to deep fry?
Electric skillets are the best alternatives to deep fryers. They’re much more functional than a typical deep fryer. Since the skillet can hold temperatures steadily, it ensures the food is deep-fried evenly. It’s especially great for deep frying chicken.
Can you make soup in an electric skillet?
An electric skillet is your regular frying pan for all your soup recipes. You don’t need some special skills to prepare soup using an electric frying pan. All you need to do is to keep stirring the ingredients and add more water as necessary since you’re going to get more evaporation from the greater surface area.
Can you slow cook in an electric skillet?
Electric frying pans maintain a controlled temperature during cooking. As such, you can put your food in the skillet and forget about it without worrying that the food will burn or stick on the pan. Depending on the temperature settings, it allows the food to heat slowly.
Can you roast in an electric skillet?
An electric pan is capable of more than just frying. It’s also perfect for roasting. Baking your roast in an electric skillet not only saves energy but also prevents your kitchen from overheating as it is with an oven.
What is the largest size electric skillet?
Electric skillets come in different shapes and sizes. The size of a skillet is determined by its length and depth. Large size electric pans are the biggest of all. Their heating surfaces measure up to 40 by 40 inches. These skillets take in large quantities of food and heat up much faster than the small and the medium-sized ones. However, they take up more space than a typical skillet.
5 Easy Meals to Make in the Electric Skillet
Pancakes for breakfast, soup for lunch, and spicy chili in the evening sound like a whole heap of cleaning up. Not when you use an electric skillet it isn’t?
When there is only one pot to clean, only one source of energy and gorgeous food that cooks fast, saving time and money is a breeze.
We hope that our best electric skillets reviews has helped you to find the perfect model and that you enjoy many happy hours of cooking.